Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
A delicious departure from the classic version, this cheesecake is served frozen, with a fresh strawberry and mint topping.Print Pin
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Frozen Cheese Filling
- 8 oz Canadian cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cups strawberry ice cream
Fresh Strawberry and Mint Topping
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press crust mixture into bottom of an 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat Cream cheese with sugar for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Gradually add strawberry ice cream and beat until combined. Spread filling evenly on the crust. Freeze for 4 hours or until solid.
- Fresh Strawberries and Mint Topping: Combine strawberries with maple syrup and mint in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until strawberries have softened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Unmold frozen cheesecake and serve in wedges with strawberry mint topping. Garnish with more fresh mint if desired.
Tip: If strawberries are large, quarter or slice them.