Cook along with Nutrition and Food Skills Educator, Andrea Villneff.
Cooking Ground Beef
According to Health Canada, Canadian ground beef must be cooked thoroughly to a temperature of 160˚F (71˚C). Ground meat is cooked to a higher temperature than steaks and other cuts because it is handled more and the grinding process can distribute bacteria (if present) throughout the batch. Cooking to 160°F (71°C) ensures the meat is safe to consume.
- Food safety skills
- how to cook rice
- using big batch beef
- Read through the recipe and assemble the ingredients
- Wash your hands, tie back your hair and put on your apron
- Start the Cook along video and prepare the recipe
Cheesy Broccoli, Ground Beef & Rice
- Mix together rice, beef broth salt, pepper and onion powder in a large skillet. Bring to a boil, stir, turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes. Do not check rice; keep covered.
- Stir in broccoli, Big Batch Beef and half of the Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until broccoli is heated through. Top with remaining Parmesan and serve.