Cook along with Nutrition and Food Skills Educator, Andrea Villneff.
- how to make quick pickled carrots
- how to cut a daicon radish
- how to saute mushrooms
- knife skills
- how to prepare fast fry marinade
- tips for using fresh ginger
- how to tenderize meat
- how to fry eggs
- Read through and assemble the ingredients
- Wash your hands, tie back hair and put on an apron
- Start the cook along video and prepare the recipe
Ginger Beef & Mushroom Bowl
- Pickled carrots: In a small bowl dissolve sugar in warm water, stir in vinegar and carrots. Cover and let sit while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Beef satay: In medium bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Cut each fast-fry beef steak into 1-inch thick strips and pour half of mixture over beef. Stir until evenly coated. Reserve the remaining sauce to drizzle over the dish later. Skewer beef onto 6-inch long metal skewers, or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water. Tightly thread 1 strip of beef onto each skewer (if strips are small, thread 2 or 3 strips onto a skewer). Heat a large frying pan to medium-high. Cook skewers in two batches for 2 minutes on each side.
- Mushrooms: In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook until fork tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Eggs: Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray to make sure the egg doesn’t stick. Heat pan over medium-low depending on your stove. Crack an egg into a bowl, one at a time, and drop the egg in the pan. Let the eggs cook until white is set and the corners begin to curl ever so slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes depending on your heat source. Slide the eggs onto a plate to avoid overcooking.
- Assembly: Divide cooked noodles evenly between 4 separate bowls. Top with mushrooms, pickled carrots, cucumber, beef skewers and lastly topped off with an egg. Drizzle each bowl with reserved sauce.