Big Batch Beef is not only a speedy supper solution, it’s a nutrition bonus too – stir in a scoop as an easy way to enrich soups, spaghetti sauces and more. Add in some diced sweet pepper or grated carrot along with the onions and garlic as an easy way to sneak in more veggie content.
Big Batch Beef
- 4 lb (2 kg) Extra-Lean or Lean Ground Beef
- 4 EACH cooking onions and cloves garlic, minced
- Cook ground beef in Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into chunks with wooden spoon while cooking, until meat reaches temperature of 160ºF (71ºC) throughout when tested with a digital instant-read thermometer. Drain, and return to pot. Add onion and garlic simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on several foil or parchment paper-lined baking trays; freeze just until meat is firm, about 1 hour.
- Loosen beef mixture into chunks; scoop meal-sized portions into freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.