Learn to cook Chicken Souvlaki with Cookbook author Emily Richards!
Photo credit: Reflector Inc. Recipe credit: Courtesy of Best of Bridge Comfort Food by Sylvia Kong and Emily Richards © 2019 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.
- How to make a marinade
- How to marinade chicken
- How to prepare skewers
- How to grill skewers
- How to use a meat thermometer
- Read through the recipe and assemble the ingredients
- Wash hands and tie back hair
- Start cook along video and prepare the recipe
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
- In a large, shallow glass dish, stir together garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add chicken and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat greased barbecue grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade, degrading marinade, and thread chicken onto skewers.
- Grill, turning occasionally, for about 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve with Tzatziki.
- For Tzatziki: In a small bowl, stir together garlic, cucumber, yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, for up to 5 days.