Recipe courtesy of Chicken Farmers of Saskatchewan
Chicken Cutlets Drizzled with Sage Brown Butter Mayonnaise
- In a shallow saucepan bring wine, onion, peppercorns and bay leaf to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add chicken and poach lightly, turning once for about 5 minutes. Remove to plate and discard liquid.
- Dredge chicken cutlets in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the butter and oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brown cutlets on both sides until no longer pink inside and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter and sage in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown in colour. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg yolk and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in butter-sage mixture while whisking into egg mixture until smooth and thickened slightly. Whisk in salt and pepper and spoon over cutlets to serve.