Satisfy your hunger with this flavourful Easy Veggie, Tuna and Barley Salad! Packed with vibrant veggies, protein-packed tuna, and fibre-rich barley, it’s the perfect meal option for a delicious dinner or a filling packed lunch.
Easy Veggie, Tuna and Barley Salad
- 2 cups cooked and cooled pot barley
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 cans (170 g each) light tuna, drained and flaked
- 12 cups lightly packed torn romaine lettuce (about 1 large head)
- 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Dressing: In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together lemon zest and juice, oil, honey, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, gently toss barley, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, onions and tuna with half of the dressing until coated.
- Divide lettuce among 6 plates. Top with barley mixture and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds (if using). Drizzle with remaining dressing as desired. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dressing for up to three days.