Serve this slow roasted pork with buttered pasta noodles and steamed green beans. Then enjoy pork sandwiches for lunch the next day!
Slow Roasted Pork
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a small bowl, combine all the spice rub ingredients together to form a paste.
- Rub paste all over roast and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then lower the heat to 325°F (160°C) and cook until your probe thermometer reads a safe internal temperature of 155°F (68°C), about 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover it loosely with foil, and let it rest for 3-5 minutes to a Health Canada-recommended final internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). Slice and serve.