Recipe courtesy of GoBarley
Indulge in a slice of wholesome goodness with this Rustic Apple Pie recipe! Perfectly balanced with the natural sweetness of apples infused with warm cinnamon and sugar, every bite is a scrumptious embrace of fall flavours.
Rustic Apple Pie
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a thin circle (14 to 16 inches (38 cm) wide). Fold in half and gently lift into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Unfold pastry and, using fingers, press against the bottom edges of pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, granulated sugar, barley flour and cinnamon; tossing to mix well.
- Add apples to pie shell; gently press down and smooth top. Fold pastry over apples, overlapping where necessary. Pastry may not cover centre and edges will be ragged.
- Brush top of pastry with milk and then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place pie in a 475°F (240°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°F (190°C) and bake until apples are tender and pastry is golden, about 35 minutes. Let cool on rack.