Roasted Vegetables with Chickpeas is a quick and easy one-pot weeknight dinner. This dish is naturally gluten-free and could be vegan if you skip the cheese or use vegan cheese.
Roasted Vegetables with Chickpeas
- 2 red peppers, cut into wedges
- 2 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow or white onion, cut into wedges
- 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Combine the peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, chickpeas, olive oil and salt in a 9×13-inch (22 x 33 cm) casserole dish. Roast 30 minutes, then stir everything well; reduce the oven to 400°F (200°C) and roast another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the other vegetables are golden at the edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese and roast 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese softens. Drizzle with another little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with parsley just before serving.1