By Emily Richards
Need a quick weeknight meal? This is one that plays on repeat in Emily’s house because her son Nicolas is a huge fan of the breading. It’s always helpful to get the kids cooking early – your family will benefit! Serve up alongside a crisp green salad or your favourite roast potato recipe.
Nicolas’ Italian-Style Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg lightly, set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, cheese and oil.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Dip pork chops in egg to coat, letting excess drip off. Coat both sides well in bread crumb mixture and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with all pork chops.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until golden and hint of pink remains inside. serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over top.