Fresh kale can be a little tough to chew. Cutting away the ribs and finely chopping the leaves solves that problem. Small pieces of kale means there will be kale goodness in every bite of this Kale, Edamame and Barley Salad with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette.
Kale, Edamame and Barley Salad with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- To cook barley, in a medium saucepan over high heat, bring 1 cup (250 mL) pot or pearl barley and 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat. Simmer until barley is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add barley to a colander and rinse with cold water; set aside and let cool completely before adding to the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine barley, kale, and edamame.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, dill, sugar, and lemon zest. Pour dressing over barley mixture and toss until well coated. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to blend flavours.
- Before serving, garnish with feta cheese.