Place this mouth-watering, Fall Apart Beer Brisket on warmed multigrain bread slices as open-faced sandwiches for the ultimate comfort food meal.
Fall Apart Beer Brisket
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs trimmed beef brisket
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 12 oz dark stout beer
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 3 Tbsp steak sauce
- 3 Tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 multigrain bread slices
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef 3 minutes on each side. Place beef in slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, cook onions 4 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and cook 15 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in garlic, beer, vinegar, oregano, thyme, steak sauce, and tomato paste. Stir until well blended and pour over beef in slow cooker, making sure that beef is covered completely with liquid.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours. Remove beef and place on cutting board. Stir salt into slow cooker mixture. Thinly slice beef (it will shred automatically as you slice). Return beef to slow cooker and stir. Cover and let stand 15 minutes to absorb flavors.
- To serve, place strainer in large bowl, strain beef mixture, shaking off excess liquid and place in serving bowl. Serve juices alongside. Place equal amounts of shredded beef on warmed multigrain bread slices (2 oz/60 g per serving) as open-faced sandwiches. Spoon desired amount of liquid over each.