Recipe courtesy of GoBarley
Are you tired of the same old pie crust? Why not try something new with this Easy Barley Pie Crust recipe! Barley adds a unique twist to this classic dessert, with its nutty flavour.
Easy Barley Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup whole barley flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 4-5 Tbsp cold water
- In food processor, combine flours, sugar and butter. Process just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and process until mixture holds together. Shape into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll into a circle slightly larger than a 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate. Gently fold in half and lift into pie plate. Pinch over-hanging pastry to form an edge. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.