Recipe courtesy of GoBarley
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these rich and decadent Double Chocolate Brownies! Made with wholesome barley flour and loaded with rich, decadent cocoa, these brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream!
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup whole barley flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch (2 L) square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa and salt. Add honey, melted butter or margarine, eggs, water and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.