Make supper quick and easy with this creamy beef, mushrooms and noodles dinner that is a healthier version of beef stroganoff. Canola mayonnaise adds moisture, creaminess, and flavour to the dish without guilt.
Creamy Beef, Mushrooms and Noodles
This is a healthier version of beef stroganoff. Canola mayonnaise adds moisture, creaminess, and flavour to the dish without guilt.Print Pin
- 1 cup dry no-egg egg noodles
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (or 1/4 cup water and 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tsp canola oil, divided
- 3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together canola mayonnaise, sherry, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook beef 3 minutes and set aside on a separate plate. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, add onions, and cook 5 minutes or until just beginning to richly brown, stirring frequently. Scrape onions to one side of the skillet, add remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, and add mushrooms. Cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown on the edges, stirring frequently. Add beef and any accumulated juices. Cook 30 seconds or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in canola mayonnaise mixture until well blended. Serve over drained noodles. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.