No problem getting the family to the table when you make these super simple Cheeseburger Roll-ups. This is a perfect weeknight recipe.
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onions
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked & minced roast beef or cooked Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta cheese
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) prepared mustard
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil in a large saucepan over medium- high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until brown and excess liquid is gone, around 6 minutes. In a medium-sized bowl mix together the cooked beef, mushroom mixture, dill pickles, Cheddar cheese and ricotta cheese.
- Lay out two of the tortillas so that they overlap by half. Spread half of the beef mixture over the two tortillas and roll them up to make one tortilla log. Slice log into 2-inch (5 cm) thick rounds or “roll ups”. Repeat rolling and slicing with the remaining tortillas and beef mixture.
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry roll ups on each side for 30 seconds, carefully flipping them over. Cook in batches if needed. In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard to use as a dipping sauce for the Roll-ups.