This canola oil pie crust is easy for any baker to make! No need for pastry knives, just freeze the pre-measured canola oil the night before. The frozen oil acts like a solid fat but with all the health benefits of canola oil, low in saturated fat and trans-fat free. You can use the dough for sweet or savoury fillings. It’s just like Grandma’s but better!
Canola Oil Pie Crust
- In a food processor, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Pulse once or twice to combine ingredients.
- Add cold/frozen canola oil. Pulse again once or twice.
- Combine water, egg and vinegar in a small bowl.
- With food processor running, slowly pour liquid ingredients through the chute. Turn off machine as soon as ingredients are mixed, about 10 seconds.
- Turn dough out onto floured board. Divide dough in half. Roll out dough on floured surface.
- Use immediately or wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.