Recipe courtesy of Canola Eat Well
This dish combines ‘blistered’ pan-fried green beans with thin matchsticks of ginger. A refreshing side dish to serve along other Indian-inspired meals. This recipe meets the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation heart-healthy recipe guidelines.
Blistered Green Beans with Ginger
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 400 g bag fresh French green beans
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add green beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid; add ginger and cumin seeds.
- Increase heat to medium high and sauté for about 7 minutes or until green beans are starting to blister (become golden brown). Add cilantro, lemon juice and garam masala; toss to coat for 1 minute.