This recipe for Egg and Beef Fried Rice is perfect for the beginner cook! Nothing beats a whole meal in one pot and is a great way to start cooking in the kitchen. This recipe is protein rich thanks to the eggs and beef. Plus it is easy to pack for lunches in a thermos or bundle with an ice pack and enjoy cold.
Beef and Egg Fried Rice
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Fast-fry (thin-cut) beef Inside Round Steak
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sesame oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped green onions
- Season beef with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 2 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for one minute. Stir in grated cauliflower, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 2 minutes. Push vegetables to one side of the skillet.
- Add beaten eggs to the cleared side of the skillet. As mixture begins to set, gently move spatula through the eggs as they begin to form marble-sized, soft curds. Cook for about 3 minutes until eggs are cooked, with no visible liquid remaining. Combine eggs with ingredients in the pan and add thawed peas and carrots, cooked beef and rice. Heat through. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.