This delicious barley salad with dried cherries, feta, grilled pork & sautéed spinach salad is chock-a-block full of flavour. Pull this recipe out of your back pocket at a dinner party to satiate your guests and become the new chef on the block.
Barley Salad with Dried Cherries, Feta, Grilled Pork & Sautéed Spinach
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley, rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups no-salt added vegetable stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cooked kernel corn
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 12 oz grilled pork tenderloin, cubed
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Remove from heat and let cool. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large heavy pot with a lid; add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Add barley to pot and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add stock to pot and bring to a boil; cover with lid, reduce heat to low and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain any excess liquid, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Combine spinach, barley, corn, cherries, pork and feta in a large bowl and stir to mix. Drizzle generously with dressing, stirring to evenly mix. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.