Baked Tortellini with Chicken and Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (600 g) package fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- In a large non-stick skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, until most of the juices have been released from the mushrooms. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the broth and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream, sundried tomatoes, parsley, mustard, thyme leaves, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the uncooked tortellini. When the pasta is evenly coated, scrape into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.