These tasty Apple Bran Muffins are a delicious source of fibre! Making them the perfect muffin to have on hand for breakfast or a snack.
Apple Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl whisk together buttermilk, brown sugar, canola oil, molasses and egg.
- In another bowl, combine bran, all-purpose flour, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry ingredient mixture into liquid ingredient mixture. Stir in apple and dates.
- Spray muffin tins with a nonstick cooking spray. Spoon batter into muffin tins two thirds full.
- Bake 17 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and cool on a rack.