Here are 10 simple things to avoid that will help you prevent food poisoning!
1. Putting cooked meat back onto the plate that held the raw meat.
2. Using the marinade for the raw meat on the cooked meat.
3. Thawing or marinating food at room temperature.
4. Letting food cool before putting it into the refrigerator. Follow the two hour rule.
5. Eating raw cookie dough or other foods that contain uncooked eggs. Raw egg may contain salmonella.
6. Undercooking meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
7. Not washing your hands.
8. Washing meat and poultry.
9. Cross contamination from using the same knife or cutting board to cut meat and vegetables.
10. Tasting food to see if it is still good.