Cook along with Andrea Buckett as she makes a delicious weeknight meatloaf. There’s nothing more comforting than this Weeknight Meatloaf served with a side of mashed potatoes. Bonus, slice up the leftovers and serve it in a sandwich for lunch the next day.
- The benefits of beef
- Tips to keeping meatloaf moist
- About flavour agents in meatloaf
- How to buy beef
- How to successfully double the recipe
- Beef facts
- How to prepare the baking dish
- Serving suggestions
- Read through the recipe and assemble the ingredients
- Wash hands and tie back hair
- Start cook along video ad prepare the recipe
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a small bowl combine the bread and milk, set aside to soak.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, grated onion, oats, egg, Worcestershire, thyme, mustard, garlic, ketchup and salt.
- Mash the milk-soaked bread up and add to the bowl with all the other ingredients. Mix well so everything is combined.
- Add the mixture into a 9 x 5 inch (22 x 13 cm) loaf pan and pat the mixture firmly into the pan. Cook for 1 hour.
- Mix together the ketchup and brown sugar and spread over the top of the meatloaf after 1 hour of cooking. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 30min or until and instant read thermometer inserted into the centre of the meatloaf reads 160F (71 ºC).