Put your favourite salad in a burger! Caesar Pork Burgers are a simple meal that can be cooked outside on the barbecue or inside on a grill.
Cook along with cookbook author, Sylvia Kong to make these juicy Caesar Pork Burgers.
Courtesy of Best of Bridge Weekday Suppers by Sylvia Kong and Emily Richards © 2018 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.
- About pork as a lean meat choice
- How to form patties
- Ways to cook burgers
- Make ahead tips
- Storage tips
- About food safety
- How to use a meat thermometer
- read through the recipe and assemble the ingredients
- wash hands and tie back hair
- Start cook along video and prepare the recipe
- 1 cup garlic and Parmesan-flavoured croutons
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 slices bacon, chopped crisp and chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp grate Parmesan cheese
- 6 Tbsp Caesar dressing, divided
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, slit
- chopped romaine lettuce
- cooked bacon slices
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium.
- Place croutons in a small sealable plastic bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin, leaving some larger pieces.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add pork, bacon, shallot, cheese, 2 Tbsp (30 mL) dressing and Worcestershire sauce; mix with your hands until combined. Shape into four 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
- Place patties on greased grill and grill for about 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside and a meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a patty registers 160°F (71°C).
- Spread remaining dressing over cut sides of buns. Place lettuce on bottom halves of buns and top each with a patty. Top with bacon slices and cheese. Cover with top halves of buns.