Cocktail-Sized Baked Lentil Meatballs
Cocktail sized lentil meatballs are economical, and a fantastic source of plant protein.Print Pin Email Share
Servings: 20 servings
Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Meatballs: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a large bowl, whisk egg with milk, then add remaining meatball ingredients and combine until well mixed. Form into approximately 40, 1 inch balls (Note: mixture will be sticky). Place meatballs in a rectangular glass 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35–40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in the centre of a meatball reads 170°F (77°C).
- Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring continuously, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Makes: 40 meatballs. (2 meatballs per serving)