- Store canned foods in a cool and dry place – away from pipes, stove, furnace or direct sunlight.
- Food manufacturers generally recommend storing canned goods for no longer than one year. Use canned tomatoes within 18 months, and store low-acid foods like canned vegetables for up to 1 to 2 years.
- When you open canned vegetables, transfer unused vegetables to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Don’t continue to store opened cans in the fridge.
- If you prefer, you can freeze leftover canned veggies for up to 2 months
- Ensure older cans get used first before recently purchased items. Use the FirstIn/FirstOut method.
For more information on canned foods read: Are Canned Foods Healthy?