Change up a classic and use some smoked salmon for extra flavour and texture everyone will love!
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped smoked salmon
- 4 tsp (20 mL) minced capers
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh dill or basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- Pinch pepper
- Smoked salmon strips and fresh dill sprigs or small basil leaves
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks to bowl. Place egg whites onto platter; set aside.
- Add mayonnaise and Dijon to egg yolks and mash with fork. Add smoked salmon, capers, dill, lemon juice and pepper and mix until smooth. Scrape mixture into piping bag or resealable bag and pipe or spoon into egg whites. Garnish with smoked salmon strips and dill sprigs.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes: 24 pieces.
Horseradish Devilled Eggs Variation: Omit smoked salmon and lemon juice. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) horseradish with mayonnaise mixture. Garnish with smoked paprika if desired.
How to Hard Cook Eggs: Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and remove from heat. Let stand about 10 minutes. Drain well and cover with cold water. Let stand in water for about 20 minutes. Peel eggs in water if easier to remove all the shells.
Serving Size: 1 piece.
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 85 mg
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Fibre: 0 g
Protein: 4 g